Boone, NC Full-Time
We offer several benefits including paid vacation, a retirement plan with 3% salary matching, and we strive to live up to our motto, “On a good day we plan it. On a great day, we live it!” We are located on Boone’s Greenway Trail and offer quarterly “Live it days” (supplemental vacation days focused on outdoor recreation/urban design exploration).
This position is responsible for assisting with all of the firm’s media production activities, on client projects and internal marketing, including video, photography, and web. If possible, this position should also help advise and assist on all technology needs of the firm. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, yet willing to take direction, and is a team player, willing to offer creative solutions to execute ideas with a team. This position reports to the Communications Director, but interfaces frequently with all members of the firm.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Video & Photography Production
- Conceptualize, write, film, and direct, video shoots on location
- Assist with logistical planning of video/photo productions, including interfacing with clients and subcontractors
- Serve as lead camera operator for the Communications Department
- Edit & produce videos, including coordination with clients and subcontractors as needed
- Assist with photo editing and post-production as needed
Digital Marketing Assistance
- Perform website updates and simple maintenance using WordPress
- Assist with marketing tasks such as email newsletter, blog stories, and social media posting.
- Help maintain and organize email subscriber lists
- Coordinate with team members to obtain marketing content for DbD website and social media
Technology & Digital Asset Management
- Advise and assist the Communications Director with technology-related issues including cameras, software, and media management.
- Help organize and maintain DbD media archive.
- Must be a team player, consistently punctual, responsive to clients and team members, and solution-oriented
- Willingness to continually learn and develop new skills within marketing and content production.
- Demonstrated interest or willingness to learn about community development, destination marketing, and/or place-based economic development
Skills, and Experience Required:
- 2-4 years production experience
- Strong professional work history
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency editing in Adobe Premiere or Davinci Resolve
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite & After Effects
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should upload below or email resume, cover letter, and portfolio to Matt Powell, email@example.com.
Grow With Us
For an opportunity to join a growing, innovative company in the field of planning, engineering, and communications, please submit your resume, cover letter, and a portfolio that showcases your talent.
Submit Your Resume
Our mission is to create
places with purpose,
to enhance quality of life,
and cultivate healthier places to live.